- 250 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter/margarine
- 50 ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Fill a saucepan with water and let it gentle simmer.
- Then, melt the chocolate, butter and cream together.
- Remove it from the heat, then leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Separate the eggs, whisk the yokes with 75 g of sugar.
- When the mixture is pale, stir in the chocolate mixture you made previously.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large clean bowl until it is softly peaking. (Really white, big and fluffy)
- Then slowly add the remaining sugar.
- Fold the egg whites mixture with the other mixture.
- Then sift in the cocoa powder.
- Pour the cake mixture into a cake tin which as been greased.
- Put into the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- When you take the cake out, let it cool for 8-10 minutes.
- SERVE AND ENJOY.
Btw this isn’t my recipe. I found this recipe but I can’t get hold of the source. Just bare that in mind.