Did you know, that the 31st of July marked 3 years this blog (yes, the very one you are currently reading) has been existing?!
I find it absolutely amazing that my small blog, that started as a hobby because I was bored, as grown into the sophisticated lifestyle blog that it is today. Although, I am usually quite quiet about how many views we get, I will share that we have 15,000 readers from all over the word. It makes me smile that my words, pictures and videos are reaching (and hopefully inspiring) thousands globally.
This post is mainly to thank every single person who has ever read my blog. I have continued writing for all these years thanks to your encouragement and support.
Stay tuned for more great work, more guest bloggers, more inspiring posts and more fun pieces.
And if you would like to learn the story behind the name, PaulaPaceSetter, watch this video!
Paula Melissa xx
I was feeling myself today.
I am no fashion blogger as you can probably tell from my blog, which is mainly filled with posts of me ranting about life and people and everything in between. But today, I wore this dress and felt like a Queen. If that doesn’t qualify me to write this post, I do not know what else will, to be honest.
The dress (not #TheDress but still The Dress, do you get me?) –
I don’t know the technical term for this dress but, it is a figure hugging, blue, sequinned, ankle-length gown with a high neckline and thigh-high slit at the back (not too bad for a novice, if I do say so myself). I paired the dress with a pair of blue suede platform heels and a simple silver choker necklace.
Peace&Love… and all things blue;)
Paula Melissa xx
So recently, I kept seeing YouTube advertising this #DearMe hashtag. After a little bit of digging, I discovered it was part of a celebration of International Women’s day. The hashtag accompanies videos where YouTubers say words of encouragement and advice to their younger self.
Here’s the original video on YouTube.
It inspired me to think about what I would tell younger Paula. What should she have known that would have made growing up a lot easier? So I filmed this quick video!
Enjoy, and think, what has changed in your life? What have you overcome growing up? What would you tell your younger self to worry less about?
Paula Melissa xx
Everyone loves a good old tag. Here’s some random questions I answered in video, because I felt like it.
Also, please feel free to check out my YouTube channel :)
- What is your middle name? – Melissa
- What is your favourite drink? – Juice or water
- What is your favourite colour? Purple
- What is the last thing you bought? – food from McDonalds
- Do you have any pets? – I have a lil doggy called Rolfie
- Do you speak any languages? – JUST ENGLISH (and sarcasm, if that counts)
- What is something you couldn’t leave the house without? – My phone, my purse and my diary
- What is your favourite make up brand? – KIKO
- Do you sleep with the bedroom door open? NO.. well, sometimes.
- Do you smile in pictures? – I look 12 when I smile.
- What is your favourite dipping sauce? – Mayo, Ketchup and BBQ sauce.
- What time do you go to bed?- early, I’ll be in bed by 10 but actually asleep by about 10:30/10:45.
- What is your favourite book or film genre? – ROM COMs – Romantic comedies are the best.
Paula Melissa xx
A friend (within or outside marriage) is that person who will still hold your hands when you are in error.
A friend is the person who may be unable to solve your problem but can give you a shoulder to lean on.
A friend is the person who can listen to you even when you are not making sense.
A friend is the person you are not afraid of sharing your struggles with.
A friend is the person who can still call you ‘my friend’ when you do not deserve it.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do the things which I command you. No longer do I call you servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I heard from my Father, I have made known unto you. Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. (John 15:13-16 ASV)
– written by anonymous guest writer
I feel like we all get to that stage in the education system when we’re like, “I’m so done!” so this video is to motivate you all to continue on!
I did this a year ago and now I’m doing 40 facts to add to it. I hope you find this at least mildly entertaining.
- I am the eldest of four children; I have two younger sisters and one younger brother.
- I have a pet dog called Rolfie. He is 9 months old and we’ve had him since he was 6 months old. He hates dog food and strangers. (He is smelling me while I write this.)
- I’m not a party person. I’d literally prefer to stay at home than go out, most of the time.
- I love make -up, especially eye make-up.
- I’ve been blogging for over two years.
- I can’t ride a bike.
- My first published piece was a poem I wrote when I was 12.
- I’ve worked in the government.
- Both my parents are lawyers, ministers and authors. My mum is also a councillor in our local council.
- I love animated movies.
- I love cooking, but I can get extremely cranky if people bother me whilst I’m in my cooking zone.
- I’ve been singing in my church choir since I was 9/10
- My favourite colour is purple.
- RomComs are the best.
- I can be quite a loud person if I’m feeling comfortable but I generally hate unnecessary noise.
- I love education and learning but hate school.
- I got to sleep before 10pm most nights.
- I am a born again Christian and I strongly believe in God.
- Jesus is my life. My life is Jesus.
- I use twitter and Instagram way too much – (@PaulaPaceSetter)
- I have a complicated relationship with food.
- I let my age limit me in life for a long time.
- I find people who are similar to me extremely annoying, but at the same time they usually become my closest friends.
- I have poor eyesight and therefore have prescribed glasses that I never really wear.
- I love gospel music; it is so uplifting.
- I became a YouTuber in Summer 2014.
- The only countries I have been to are Nigeria, Belgium, France and Wales, and obviously England, which is where I live.
- I can be such a fangirl, but I hide it relatively well.
- When I become friends with someone I am also committed to helping them or supporting them. Due to this, I am still friends with people I met 10 years ago.
- I usually prefer covers to the original song.
- I hate swearing with a passion.
- I have strong opinions about certain topics, and I am not easily persuaded.
- I hate going to the cinema.
- I have more girl friends than guy friends but tend to be closer with my guy friends than girl friends.
- I don’t like boybands.
- I don’t drink fizzy drinks or alcohol, I only like juice.
- Ice cream is my kryptonite.
- Young people are my passion and I spend most of my time trying to positively impact young people’s life.
- Recently, I’ve decided I want to be a presenter, after presenting a talent show and showcase, as well as a journalist; Benny Bonsu is my inspiration when it comes to journalism and presenting.
- I am NOT an outdoorsy person but in Summer 2014 I went to Wales, where I climbed up a waterfall, I climbed inside dark tunnels inside a mountain and came out at the top, I went camping, I went canoeing and I jumped into a freezing lake even though I can’t swim. I literally still can’t believe that I did all of that.