Hey guys, so I was trying to think what should be my first post. Then I ate a banana and it hit me. FOOD! So I decided to post an interesting recipe I stumbled across. Here is a recipe for Chocolate Caramel Shortbread. I actually haven’t tried this recipe before, but I will make it soon, hopefully, and I hope my trial will come out as awesome as the picture at the bottom. SCROLL DOWN NOW!! IT LOOKS DELICIOUS!! I hope you love this recipe and any requests, contact me.
Ingredients: For the caramel
50g soft light brown sugar
400g condensed milk in a tin.
For the shortbread
50g caster sugar
100g brown rice flour
For the topping
100g white chocolate
100g dark chocolate
1) First beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until it’s really fluffy and creamy.
2) Sift the flour carefully then slowly add to the butter and sugar mixture.
3) Put the mixture into the baking tin then place in an oven at 200˚C for 10-12 minutes.
4) Put the butter for the caramel into a saucepan and mix with the light brown sugar. Then add also the condensed milk.
5) Stir continually for 5 minutes until it gets a bit darker.
6) Let the mixture cool down a little before pouring over the shortbread base.
7) Melt dark and white chocolate in separate bowls. You can do this in a microwave or in heatproof bowls over a pot of hot water.
8) When the caramel is hard and firm, put spoonfuls of white and dark chocolate on top of it.
9) Use a knife or sharp tip to move the different chocolates into swirls.