- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 175 g light brown sugar
- 175 g self- raising flour
- 1 and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- grate the rind of an orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150 g carrots (grated)
- 50 g walnuts (finely chopped
- 250 ml maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 180°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil and sugar until the mixture is smooth
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, orange rind and ground cinnamon. Then whisk well again.
- Stir in the grated carrots and finely chopped walnuts.
- Divide the mixture between 2 greased and base-lined sandwich tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then leave for 5 minutes to cool down.
- To make the maple syrup, heat maple syrup in a saucepan at 115°C/240°F.
- Whisk the egg whites, in a bowl, until stiff.
- When the syrup is at 115°C, whisk it into the egg slowly until it looks like meringue. Keep whisking until it becomes really thick.
- When the cakes are cool enough, cut each of them into half.
- Put the maple frosting in between each layer.
- THEN EAT AND ENJOY.
This is an amazing recipe, which I happen to have a copy of. It is NOT my recipe and I DO NOT acknowledge it as my own.