Chocolate Cake, yummy!!!
- 125 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 g self-rising flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 40 g butter
- Vanilla extract
- 375 g plain dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- In a waterproof bowl, heat sugar and eggs over simmering water.
- Then whisk the mixture until it is very think and foamy. This will take about 5-10 minutes. The whisk should leave a trail when you lift it.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and flour, and slowly and carefully fold it into the mixture.
- Then mix in melted butter and vanilla and mix it all well.
- Pour the mixture into a base-lined cake tin and bake in a preheated oven, 180˚C/ 350˚F/ Gas Mark 4 for 25 minutes.
- Put a toothpick or skewer in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is ready.
- Now to make the icing, melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
- Beat in the icing sugar until it is pale and fluffy.
- When the mixture cools down, chill it for 1 hour. By then it should have thickened.
- Horizontally slice the cake in half and put the icing on it.
- Then sandwich the two layers together.
- Using the remaining icing, cover the top and sides with a flat knife.
- Then enjoy 😉
This isn’t my recipe but is a really good recipe I found. Enjoy.